The ENIGMA – Ataxia working group aims to carry out meta-analysis of existing structural MRI and DTI data from individuals with degenerative ataxia disorders and healthy controls. The scope of specific disorders investigated by the group includes Friedreich Ataxia (FRDA), all forms of Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA), and Multi-System Atrophy (MSA). Other forms of ataxia may also be accommodated. Single disorder and cross-disorder comparisons will be undertaken.
The group currently encompasses 15 data sites and 2 methods groups and includes MRI data from >600 patients with FRDA, SCA1, SCA2, SCA3, or SCA6. See full list of ENIGMA-Ataxia_Members here.
Projects in progress include:
- Cerebellar lobule segmentation and spatial patterns of atrophy
- Cerebral subcortical nuclei segmentation
Pending/Proposed projects include:
- Cerebral cortical thickness and surface area measures
- Cerebellar peduncle segmentation
- White matter microstructural (DTI) abnormalities
Please contact Ian Harding for information on joining ENIGMA-Ataxia.
ENIGMA on social media: